Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Weekend in the Big-D...I DO mean Dallas!


Last weekend I was fortunate enough to have had a sudden change in plans that allowed me, the kids, and my awesome mom-in-law to head to Dallas and see my brother Dennis and his rockin' family.  

We ALWAYS have fun on these trips...the kinda fun where you have to sleep for a week solid just to regain the use of your legs.  
Here were the kids watching a movie on Dennis' iPhone on the floor of the Gap in Northpark Mall.  There's something to be said for entering into a mall where I couldn't afford a sock in 95% of the stores.  We're talking Valentino, Armani, Prada...Northpark Mall has original Andy Warhol paintings hanging in it.  Yeah...it's THAT kind of nice.
All of us on the trolley near downtown Dallas.  This sucker was free...and you could ride it all around town!  Very fun...I suggest it for your next trip!

Oh man...this was the coolest playground ever!  And this was Ethan's first ride on a real swing (that's my bro in the background).  2 seconds after this picture was taking, he face-planted...hard.  The weight of that huge head just took him right on over.  (good news...he cried a little, then got back up and started swinging again!)

Dennis and I tore up some Guitar Hero while I was there (always a joy) and I got to play the new Lego Indiana Jones game...Awesome.

OH...and we also got Sprinkles Cupcakes...But that's a post for another time.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm glad you all had such a great time. It sounds like it was fun.

I was laughing over your big head comment. YOu are too funny.

I'm glad he was okay.

ashlee said...

glad you had such a great time!!
you received a blog award!! check it out here:
http://ashluvs2.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

so glad you had a good time! i would have loved to see you, though! i know, it can be so hard to fit everyone into your short trips. i'd love to see, in person, how big your little girl has gotten, and to finally meet that ginormous-headed little boy of yours!!

miss and love you!

word verification: nosetrob - the part of the nose that can tell when your kids are up to something, causing you to say "i smell trouble"