Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Alert! Scary Parental Moment!

Allright...it happened today...signs that my 4 year old is hopelessly growing up entirely too quickly.  She came home from school last week and said..."I held Jacob's hand today, but I'm not going to marry him.  I'm going to marry Bryce."  (Bryce, by the way, is at an entirely different school...LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP!!!)


So...upon asking her more about the situation she divulged some more juicy details that no mother ever wants to hear from a 4 year old child.  It went a little like this...


Me:  "So...did you hold Jacob's hand today?"

Her:  "Yes"

Me:  "Did Jacob ask you to hold his hand" (My daughter is quite bossy...I can envision her grabbing some poor kids hand and telling him they would have a standing engagement for hand holding during school time)
Her:  "Yeah...Jacob says 'I want you to hold my hand and I want to love you'"

Me:  HYPERVENTILATION...I am clutching my chest and desperately searching for a parental book that deals with such a tragic exchange as this one.

SO...to sum up...as of now I look at my daughter in a totally different way, with awe and stupor of how she is growing up so fast, and really becoming quite the little lady.  And my husband, well, now he has the first name to add to his "boys not to trust" list that will keep getting longer the closer my daughter gets to adolescence! Good luck Jacob!

1 comment:

Just Wedeminute said...

Just wait until she had her "first kiss" LOL!!!