Sunday, April 5, 2009

MQ Answer

Can you believe that The Little Mermaid is 20 years old this year??  I was 7 when this movie came out...and it is one of the few crisp and clear memories I have from my childhood.  I remember EVERYTHING...especially the fact that my Dad cried in the last scene of the movie.  You know...where Ariel kisses her Dad, King Triton, and says "I love you Daddy."  Cue theatrical music.  

He cried.  And if you know my Dad...he is SO not a crier.  Just not that type of man.

Neither is my Husband (though I've heard tell that he cried when he saw The Lion King.  It's one of the few triumphs of my life.)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Stop it! I can't believe it has been 20 years. Time just goes by way to fast. It really is a great movie.

Dawn said...

The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie.

I worked at video store in college and I would play that movie over and over in there. =)