Thursday, June 24, 2010

6 Years Ago Today


6 years ago I was in the doctor's office for a normal visit, with 2 weeks left until my first child, a daughter, was due.

I still remember the horrible night I had the night before. Restlessness, racing heart rate, jittery.

Marty got a speeding ticket on his way to work, which was quite an accomplishment considering he works less than 1.5 miles from home.

What began as a weekly third-trimester checkup, ended up as delivery day due to my development of Pre-eclampsia. (Note to self: 1 Ron's chili-cheeseburger, 1 order of fries and a large tea everyday for 6 months will lead to Pre-eclampsia AND 60 lbs. Do not do this again.)

Delivery was easy. Three-push-and-she's-out kind of easy. I'm very thankful for this.


What was once a little bean of a baby...is now this:


I have no idea how that happened.

1 comment:

Raylea said...

So stinkin' sweet! Happy Birthday pretty girl!